Charlestown

Opened: 1st September, 1894.
Closed: 1st November, 1926.


Ex-NBR Class B (LNER Class J35) 0-6-0 No. 64525 heads the daily goods working from the nearby Crombie Naval Stores Depot to Townhill Yard, Dunfermline, at Charlestown on the Firth of Forth, 26th December, 1961. Derelict limekilns form the backdrop. [W.A.C. Smith]

Collapse )

Elbowend Junction


A westward view from near Charlestown Junction, Dunfermline, along the Charlestown Branch towards Elbowend Junction and Charlestown in 1990. The ground on the right has been built up and is now occupied by a housing estate, while the track has been upgraded with continuous welded rail and concrete sleepers. [Keith Sanders]